Persuasion Republic’s Charity Confidence Barometer launched
Today sees the launch of Persuasion Republic’s inaugural Charity Confidence Barometer.
Confidence is defined as “the feeling or belief that one can have faith in or rely on someone or something”. *
Persuasion Republic’s Charity Confidence Barometer investigates the levels of belief donors in Ireland have that they can have faith in or rely on Irish charities.
Our research reveals that
- 44% of respondents agreed that they have a positive perception of charities
- 60% of respondents agreed that charities do good things for communities
- 56% of respondents agreed that charities perform a useful function for society
- 51% of respondents agreed it is a pleasure to donate to charities
- Only 18% of respondents agreed that they had complete confidence in Irish charities
- 43% of respondents did not think that there are adequate controls over the activities of Irish charities
- Only 7% of respondents agreed that there are adequate controls over the fundraising activities of charities
- 44% of respondents said they did not always receive adequate feedback about how their donations were used but 51% agreed they were thanked for their donations
The importance of communicating with donors and supporters is clear with evidence suggesting that there is still some room for improvement in the way charities communicate.
- 52% of respondents agreed that they got a great deal of satisfaction from seeing the impact their donation had made
- 49% of respondents are not sure that their donations are being used appropriately
- Only 20% agreed that charities respond quickly when they have a query or a concern and
- 27% were not satisfied with the way in which charities communicate with them
To read the full report click here
John Sutton is Managing Director at Persuasion Republic. To contact John call 01 – 453 68 36 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Persuasion Republic is the leading communications agency specialising in the not-for-profit sector – offering expert services in Research and Training, Advocacy and Awareness, Fundraising and Brand and Design (Print and Digital).
*Oxford English Dictionary