3 results for tag: Impact


Moving from Ideas to Impact – Creating Innovative Strategies for your Charity

How can you move from ideas to impact?  How can you build creative and innovative strategies that will deliver for your charity? Let’s start by asking can anyone be creative? What do you think?  Either you can or you can’t – right? Well research* carried out on 117 pairs of fraternal and identical twins aged between 15 and 22 found that 30% of performance on creativity tests of identical twins could be attributed to genetics. 80% to 85% of the twins’ performance on IQ tests could be attributed to genetics.  So 25-40% of creativity comes from genetics.  That leaves approximately 60% of creativity coming from learning. This research ...

The Impact of Mental Health Charities on Irish Society

Our second report, in a series of eight reports on the impact of charities on Irish society, focuses on the vision, mission and impact of mental health charities registered in Ireland and outlines how these charities are working towards achieving their missions. It identifies the key future challenges facing mental health charities and how these charities are innovating in the face of a dynamic environment.   VISION AND MISSION – Commonalities and Differences All of the charities in the research sample share a common aim of working to promote and support mental health and wellbeing. The charities can be differentiated by the type of ...

What impact do children and young people’s charities have on Irish society?

Our recent report examines the vision, mission and impact of ten children and young people’s charities registered in Ireland and outlines how these charities are working towards achieving their stated missions. It identifies the key future challenges facing these children and young people’s charities and how the charities are innovating in the face of a dynamic environment. VISION AND MISSION All of the children and young people’s charities in our research sample share an overall common aim of making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people (and their families), however the charities can be differentiated by the age ...